Friday, February 13, 2009

Welcome to the Blog

Welcome to 10-Man Tank! Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog.

First, a little about myself. I'm a 26-year old husband, father of 2 boys, guild leader and main tank for Knights of the Serpent (KOTS).

My main, Signu, is a protection warrior who I started in the summer of 2005. Signu got to 60 and began raid tanking as an offtank for a guild that had just started working on Molten Core. I ended up offtanking through Garr before the guild fell apart. When Zul'Gurub was released, I started tanking again. I was again an off-tank, but sometimes took over main tank duty when needed. I got experience tanking all the bosses except Hakkar. The opening of the Gates of Ahn'Quiraj lead me to 20-man AQ, where I tanked through Moam.

Burning Crusade is where my tanking career really started. I had been leveling quickly with a core group of friends and tanking all the 5-man instances (and heroics). After gearing up at 70, some of oy guildmates and I were invited to fill a few spots in a Karazhan raid. I ran a few Karas as OT, spending a little bit of time in the Servant's Quarters, and a lot of time of Attumen. Eventually, KOTS did a full guild run. That began our quick run through the ranks of raiding guilds on Terenas. Before BC was out, I had main tanked every encounter up to Reliquary of Souls. The only boss prior to RoS that we didn't kill was Kael'Thas. As Lich King neared, KOTS split. The people who stayed did so because they loved the guild as it was.

When Lich King dropped, there was no rush to 80. There was no mandate to start raiding on a certain date. KOTS was a casual guild again. As 2008 came to a close, we had enough at 80 to start into Naxxramas. The date was set: 1/2/09 would be the start of a new raiding era for KOTS. Every raid would be productive, but fun. Raids would be a time for ten 80s to smash things and have a great time. So far, we've cleared Naxx, 0d-Sarth, and attempted 1d-Sarth.

My side project is an Enhancement Shaman, Siggles, who I try to pimp out as much as I can. He's 72 right now, and sports the new engineering goggles that I power-leveled to get.

I hope that wasn't too much to read (or too boring). I'm looking forward to keeping this blog updated with my experiences from 10-man raiding, as well as tips for tanks, gearing, and encounters. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Hiya, you sound a lot like me in terms of wow history, although I was a 10 man tank for tbc too clearing kara and za before the pre-wotlk nerfs. Did a few 25s in pugs got kael and vashj but never went into any t6 raids.

    Here is a top for 1 drake, leave shadron (spelling?) up.
    Tank sarth and dps him as normal, have the OT tank the adds as normal.
    When the drake comes down the OT picks up the drake at this moment sartharion becomes immune to all damage and the raid will take 100% increased fire damage.
    Nuke the drake till he dies, go into the portal, kill the add then kill sartharion. This is how my guild (knights of ni, quel'thalas EU) did 1 drake.

    Few things to be careful of -

    - 100% fire dmg increase, nobody can get hit by a fire wall, its a one shot.
    - Tank wil take an absolute pounding while the drake is alive.
    - The DPS MUST kill that drake fast, use heroism, cooldowns, pots the whole lot, nuke nuke.

    As sooon as the drake is down, and the add is killed, the fight is the normal easy sartharion.

    Happy achievement and extra loot :-)

    Let me know if it works!

    ReplyDelete