Saturday, March 27, 2010

New Tricks for the Old Guild

Last night, my little guild cleared the first wing of ICC in 2.5 hours. This might not sound like too much of a feat, but let me explain.

This was the first time Knights of the Serpent has fielded a full 10-main raid since the early days of Naxx. This was the first time six of the ten had even attempted Marrowgar. We were two healing it. We had a couple undergeared dps.

The end result was no more than 3 attempts on any fight (2 on Marrowgar, 2 on Deathwhisper, 2 on Gunship, and 3 on Saurfang).

I was so proud, happy, and excited of/for our two healers. I was very doubtful that they'd be able to pull it off because I had seen the difficulties 2 healers have on the first two fights. They both stepped up to the plate to show me that they are epic healers.

My bear offtank did a supurb job with his assignments. He was quick to pick up any stray mobs. Best of all, he was perfect on taunts for Saurfang. I was doing quite poorly on my taunts and it led to a wipe once.

The DPS consistently performed excellently. I was surprised that our undergeared DPS contributed so greatly.

This guild used to be one of the top 25-man guilds in BC. Our goal for LK was to be one of the top 10man guilds on the server. We may be getting a late start, but I'd say we're on our way.

Congrats to everyone on the loot you received. Thank you for making your old raid/guild leader proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment